ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT ON A WORK-STUDY PROGRAM
WHO WE ARE
METRACOM, with more than 35 years of experience, has developed a unique expertise in the design, integration, deployment and support of satellite transmission and telecommunication solutions using all technologies in this field (stations, VSAT, mobility…).
METRACOM has also developed expertise in video contribution systems for the media and acts as a distributor of a wide range of video solutions and Satcom terminals. In addition, METRACOM offers a wide range of professional services including traditional technical support, on-site maintenance, after-sales service, audit/expertise, installations, and training.
METRACOM is part of the GLOBAL Technologies Group, an expert in engineering, deployment of IT projects and telecommunications infrastructures and an international player in the implementation of technological information systems. We work with major industrial, civil and military accounts, for telecoms and for the tertiary sector, on missions combining consulting, support and technical expertise.
Under the responsibility of the Administrative and Financial Director and in collaboration with the Accounting Manager, your main missions will be to assist the administrative and financial management in recording and justifying the accounting operations of 3 French entities, including a civil company. You will also help control the accounting processes of a Romanian subsidiary.
Without this list being exhaustive, you will be responsible for:
– Entering customer invoices;
– Entering supplier invoices;
– Assist in the preparation of payments: customers, suppliers, taxes… ;
– Entering treasury operations: bank, cash, company credit card payments… ;
– Lettering accounts;
– Assist the accountant in the monthly closing of accounts;
– Participate in the preparation of tax returns;
– Contribute to the proper application of internal procedures and compliance with accounting and tax standards;
These tasks are not exhaustive, you may be asked by the CFO for other accounting missions.
- You have a Baccalaureate or equivalent qualification (BTS, DUT, DCG, DECF, DEUG) and are looking for a 12-month work-study programme or more;
- You have already had a first experience in an accounting department during an internship or a work-study program would be a plus;
- You master Excel, Word, accounting tools (Sage) and other types of ERP;
- The practice of professional English is a plus;
- Your motivation, your autonomy, your rigor, your liking for teamwork, and your discretion are your main assets to succeed in the position;